Last Updated on August 4, 2021 by Dan Scott
Looking for the best products that ensures the safety of your baby around the house? You have just landed on the right page! There are a whole lot products that ensure your baby’s safety and we will take you through 20 of them.
It is usually best to put safety measures in place before or as soon as those “little adorables” begin to crawl. Little children seem to have a large dose of curiosity and they are very innovative explorers.
There are so many things in the home that can be cause harm to a child, ranging from electric shock, fingers being clamped by a door, chocking on small objects, falls, knock on the head, with the edge of a table, and so on.
It is therefore very essential to get products that will ensure the safety of your little ones. In this post, we will take you through 10 best baby safety products that is necessary in the home.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to consider before buying baby safety products
Your home design: The way your home is built will determine the kind of safety products you need. If there’s a stairway, then there are particular products you will need. Think about where you and your baby will be and how you’ll spend your time together. Think about what baby proofing products you’ll need by crawling around your house to see the world from a baby’s point of view. Once you know what you’ll need, look at all the features that products offer to determine which ones you will require and those you can do without.
Budget: You will need to consider how much you are willing to spend for baby proofing your home. Some items are expensive and some are not so expensive.
Age: The age of your baby when buying these safety products is a factor to consider. There are some baby safety products that are restricted to certain ages, while some are not
Allergies: If your baby is allergic to certain materials, then you must watch out for such when purchasing a baby safety product. Take note of the materials used for the production of this product.
20 Best Baby Safety Products
1. Video Baby Monitor Camera Compatible with iPhone and Android.
This Video Baby Monitor Camera, helps you keep an eye on your baby all the time, even when your physical eye can’t be present with your little one. It is compatible with the iPhone and Android. It is WiFi enabled and has a two way talk back with motion activated cell alert.
It’s wide angle lens gives you a greater vision of your baby and it’s motion detector alerts you when you are not looking to notify you of your baby’s movement or cries from waking up. This product is affordable and quite effective, it’s also a necessary baby safety product for 2020.
|Easy set up and use||Can drain out your phone battery fast|
|You can talk back to your baby using your phone||Camera randomly goes offline, so it may need constant resetting|
|Clear night vision with color videos|
2. Cumbor 40.6″Auto Close Safety Baby Gate with Arch Cat Door
This auto close safety baby gate will ensure the safety of your baby around the house. Your adventurous baby will be blocked by the stairs or by the doorway. It is designed with an arch cat door, allowing your pets, easy access.
It has a durable steel design which can defend up to 210 pound impacts, so you do not have to worry about you child pushing the gate down and getting injured. It is equipped with a double lock. A very good baby safety product for your home, also good for restricting your pets.
|Easy to install||The thin metal bar across the bottom may present a tripping hazard, until you get used to it.|
|It has a beautiful finish|
|Suitable for most doors|
|Difficult for children to open|
|2 install options: pressure or screwed in place|
3. Eco-Baby Child Safety Magnetic Cabinet and Drawer Locks for Proofing Kitchen 12 Pack Child Latches
This Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks is installed inside cabinets or drawers, completely out of sight. It includes 12 child safety magnetic locks and 2 keys. With these, you can lock in anything that can be of potential harm to your baby.
The locks can be installed on top, side or bottom of the cabinet and drawers as long as it is a flat surface. It has a strong, adhesive tape that keeps the locks in place.
|No drilling or screws required||In case the 2 magnetic keys get missing, you would need a strong magnet to open your cabinet|
|Very easy to use||May not install well on some particular cupboard, because of how it’s shaped.|
|They do not alter the look of your beautiful cabinet||Adhesive may not last long|
|Easy to remove and reinstall, in case you move homes|
4. Evenflo Versatile Play Space, Indoor& Outdoor Play Space
The Evenflo Versatile Play Space is one of our best 20 baby safety products of 2020. It is suitable for babies 6 to 24 months. It gives your baby a safe and spacious play area. And, just in case you need a little more space, it has an added two panel extension which is sold separately.
The reversible legs have anti-movement, non-scratch floor pads for interior floor surfaces and outdoor stakes for lawn stability.
|It can be used indoor and outdoor||A very strong and active baby that climbs, could injure himself.|
|Quick and easy assemble|
|It has well rounded edge, not sharp edges|
|Large play space|
5. Roving Cove | Baby Proofing Edge & Corner Guards
Children do a lot of running around and this can cause them to bump their head or feet. Thanks to this baby safety product, a lot of those bumps and hits can be without pain. Roving Cove uses the safest and purest raw material available and was the first brand to make foam safety bumpers.
Soft, high-density premium cushions absorb impact and protect your loved one from the hard, sharp corners and edges in your home. Their sizes come in 15 and 18 feet. This product is made with materials that are safe for your children.
|It is made of good quality material||Very active toddlers can pull it off|
|Foamy and can prevent a head bump||Babies can easily put their mouth on it, and if they bite a piece, it could choke them.|
|It may come off bricks easily|
6. Baby Safety Kit, Baby Proofing with Cabinet Locks – 58 Packs
This baby safety kit sure deserves a spot on our list of best 20 baby safety products of 2020. It contains 58 packs All-in-one Super Value – One package contains 4 kinds of baby safety set – 12 cabinet locks with 12 bars + 6 pcs baby safety locks + 3 pcs 14 large clear corner guards + 13 pcs outlet plugs and key.
The product is 100% non-toxic and safe for your baby. The corner guards are made of MEDICAL GRADE PVC, which is DOP/DEHP free.
|Easy to install and use||Some of the packs are insufficient for a home|
|It has a variety of locks, all in one pack|
|Made with non-toxic materials|
7. Baby Banz Earmuffs Infant Hearing Protection
Whether you are at a party, a march past, or any noisy place, keep your baby and toddler free from harmful noise with this earmuffs. It is the perfect hearing protection for little ears.
These are specifically designed for babies and toddlers. Maximum opening – 17.8cm. It has super soft padding for the best comfort. It is suitable for infants from 3 months to 2 years. This product is highly recommended if you and your baby are usually exposed to loud noise or music.
|Soft and comfortable padding|
|Baby can sleep comfortably wearing it|
|It comes in beautiful colors|
8. HelloBaby HB178 Audio Baby Monitor
This baby safety product helps you hear sounds from your baby. With the high sensitivity microphone built in the baby unit, you can hear the sound from your baby clearly. It has a temperature sensor.
The lullaby and night light can be remotely turned on from the parent unit
|Accurate temperature sensor||Batteries included are not rechargeable|
|Comes with 5 lullaby|
|It is affordable|
9. Regalo Swing Down Bed Rail Guard, with Reinforced Anchor Safety System
This is one of our best 20 baby safety product of 2020 to own, as some kids are likely to roll of the bed. This regalo swing down bed rail guard will prevent your little toddler from falling off the bed.
It’s swing down feature allows this bed rail to pivot down and out of the way when getting in and out of bed or removing the sheets.The regalo bed rail is made up of strong and durable material
|Easy set up||With the rail on it, it’s hard to make up the bed|
|Comes with a rail cover|
|Good quality of material|
|Does not require box spring|
|Easy to travel with|
10. Skip Hop Moby Bath Spout Cover Universal Fit, Blue
This beautiful whale will make bath time bump free. The sleek design includes an adjustable strap that fits snugly on most tub spouts, and a tail that’s also a handy hook. It’s easy-to-adjust strap secures and tightens on most spouts and the top opening allows for easy access to shower diverter.
Moby bathtub spout cover is made of non-toxic materials. It is affordable and highly recommended to keep your baby safe in the bathtub.
|Tail hook hangs neatly when not in use|
|Soft, tough rubber protects baby during bath time|
11. EUDEMON 1 PackChildproof Oven Door Lock
The EUDEMON baby safety oven front door lock is another product on our list of 20 best baby safety products of 2020. This oven front door lock will prevent the “little adventurous chef” in your home, from opening the oven and getting injured or burned.
The locks are made of heat-resistant PC material, so you don’t have to worry about your hands being scaled or burned.
|Easy installation||A highly energetic child can pull the oven handle to get up|
|The lock is not easy for a baby to open||Not very strong, over time|
|Cannot be removed and reinstalled|
12. DOOR MONKEY Door Lock & Pinch Guard
The Door Monkey works with regular standard doors. It is a portable, easy and convenient baby proof door lock. It also prevents against those painful pinch from the door. The unique design allows the Door Monkey to be installed in seconds without the need for tools, tape or hardware. No tape means no damage to your door’s finish.
The Door Monkey is operable from both sides of the door. It is an effective baby safety product on our list. Though it is expensive, it brings a unique value to your home.
|Easy to install||Not compatible with some doors|
|It allows for air circulation||Expensive|
13. Safety 1st Child Proof Clear View Stove Knob Covers
This baby safety product will prevent your little one from starting a fire. These clear plastic covers install easily and fit over your stove knobs to keep children from turning them. These stove knob covers are made from durable, heat-resistant plastic to resist wear and hold up to repeated use.
This set includes five stove knob covers. It is a simple and effective design
|Easy to install||Does not fit all stove knobs|
|The transparent knobs allows for clear indication that your stove burners are safely in the off position.|
14. Table Corner Protectors for Baby Safety
Completely childproof the sharp edges and corners in your home without damaging your beautiful furniture. Our safe baby safety corner guards use long-lasting 3M adhesive tape that sticks on Wood, Glass, Steel, and Ceramic surfaces.
Comes pre-taped – Install your table corner protectors for baby in seconds without any hassle! Simply peel back the tape backing, and place edge guard on the desired surface.
|Does not damage your furniture||Not durable|
|Prevents bumps and injuries||Does not stick well enough|
|Easy and quick installation|
|Blend well with furniture|
15. Toddleroo by North States Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel Play Yard
This play yard sets up and folds up quickly. Comes complete with carrying strap and non-slip pads. Fun for your child, peace of mind for you! Plus, the durable plastic is kid-tough and difficult for either pets or children to climb.
Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, the Toddleroo by North States Superyard Colorplay is an excellent solution for creating a safe playpen for your child. This durable plastic eight-panel colorful play yard creates up to 34.4 square feet of protected play space.
|Used indoor and outdoor||The fence can break and cause injury when a child tries climbing|
|Not strong material|
|Difficult to pop the joints apart|
16. TempTraq 24-Hour Intelligent Baby Fever Monitor with Wireless Alerts (iOS & Android)
TempTraq is the first and only 24 hour intelligent thermometer that continuously senses, records, and sends alerts of a child’s temperature to your mobile device. Each single use patch is soft, thin and flexible, making it comfortable to wear and easy to remove.
TempTraq is constructed of safe, soft materials that are latex free and easy on sensitive skin. Safely monitor your child’s temperature from the next room, allowing them to sleep soundly;
|Soft patch that is easy to remove||Not very acccurate|
|Alerts immediately fever spikes|
17. Blisstime Anti Lost Wrist Link Safety Wrist Link
One of the products on this our list of 20 best baby safety products of 2020 is this anti-lost wrist link from Blisstime. Keep your little one close to you when you are in a crowded place, with this product, especially when you have a toddler that can run around.
Soft double layers of hook and loop for kids’ hands, not easy to take off by themselves. The size of wrist strap can be adjusted according to your need, the soft sponge pad in the wrist strap make it comfortable to wear for both adult and kids.
|Easy to use|
|Prevents children from running off|
|Comes in beautiful colors|
18. Munchkin Brica Sun Safety Car Window Shade with Heat Alert
This product protects your child from UVA/UVB rays, while in the car. The white Hot indicator turns white when car is too hot.
This Sun Safety Shade is equipped with a one-push retract button allowing for easy use on sunny or not-so-sunny days.
|Easy to install||Better if they were wider|
|Easy to clean and use|
19. Safety Innovations -Window and Door Babyproof Safety Lock, (4-Pack)
This helpful device keeps windows, sliding glass doors, sliding shower doors and mirrored sliding closet doors locked to keep your baby safe. No screw or drilling required.
Children can be very curious. The goal is to help all moms and dads keep kids safe.This safety product on our best 20 safety products of 2020 keeps windows and sliding glass doors locked to prevent window falls and to keep your children from wandering into unsafe areas.
|Easy to install||A smart kid can figure out how to open it|
|Easy to use|
|Durable and affordabe|
20. Baby Crib Safety Pop up Tent
Whether you’re worried about your little one getting bit by an insect, caught between railings, or taking a tumble, this high-end Safety Pop-Up Tent is your dream solution. Boasting premium quality construction and adorable unisex styling.
Every home needs a safe crib for their baby and this on our list of baby safety products is a good option to consider.
|Easy to assemble|
|The pop up net prevents the babies from jumping out|
|Great for keeping toddler in bed|
General safety tips around the home
- Cover every power outlet.
- Use door handle covers or latches to ensure toddlers do not gain access to where they shouldn’t.
- Use gates to keep your baby from unsafe areas, including stairs ate off any areas that might be unsafe, including stairs.
- Store breakable items up high and heavy items down low.
- Ensure that floors are dry at all time and not slippery
- Anchor heavy furniture to minimize the chances of tip-over accidents.
- Install window guards. Injuries from falling out of windows can happen on any floor of the house, not just the upper floors.
Baby Safety in the Nursery
You must pay very close attention to your baby’s crib.: These are a few tips to ensuring your baby’s safety in the nursery.
- Except for a tight-fitting sheet, the crib must be kept bare — pillows, blankets, bumpers, or stuffed animals can be a suffocation or SIDS risk.
- Every instruction from the manufacturer, regarding the mattress position must be strictly adhered to. As soon as a baby can sit up, for example, the mattress should be lowered.
- Cords can be a strangulation hazard, so make sure you use only cordless window blinds. Also: Keep cords for baby monitors out of reach.
Baby safety in the KitchenIt is reported that more than 67,000 children age 4 and under go to the ER because of burns or scalds each year. It is therefore very important to keep your kids safe in the kitchen. To keep them safe, ensure the following:
- One of the best 20 baby safety products highlighted above is baby safety kits, which has locks for drawers, stove knobs, locks for the fridge, locks for lower cabinets, dishwashers, and ovens. Depending on your cabinets, you might have to try a few different types.
- Keep knives and other sharp objects must be kept in locked drawers.
- When you’re cooking, keep pot handles turned toward the back of the stove, so little ones don’t try to grab them. If possible, use a gate, also one of the safety products listed above, to shield the cooking area.
- High chairs must be places away from tables, counters, or walls so your baby doesn’t use them to push off and cause a tip-over accident.
Baby Safety in the Living Room
It is reported that two-thirds of injuries related to tip-overs of furniture placed at the top, usually involve children younger than 5, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Ensure your baby’s safety with these tips:
- Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instruction when mounting flat screen TVs to the wall. Make sure to have it firmly secure.
- If you are a parent that does not like to mount your TV, then make sure you anchor it firmly to it’s stand, be sure to use one that’s sturdy and appropriate for the size and weight of the TV. Make sure the TV goes as far back as it can, so its feet are not extending over the edge
- Use edge guards, one of the 20 best safety products of 2020, around tables.
- Place remotes, toys, etc,away from sight and reach of the kids, so they do not try out some climbing skills to reach for them.
- Avoid using glass photo frames, but if you have to, ensure you place them high up, so they don’t shatter.
- Lighters, matches and candles must be keep out of sight and reach of the kids.
- Save the heavy or breakable decorative objects till they are teenagers.
Baby Safety in Bathroom
In the bathroom, standing water is the biggest hazard: Drowning, according to the CDC, is the second most common cause of death for kids 1 to 4. You can be intentional and keep them safe with this tips:
- As soon as you finish bathing your kid, drain water in the bathtub, to avoid slipping, injury from a fall or drowning.
- One of the baby safety products, above is a safety kit. Be sure to install a latch on the toilet.
- To prevent any form of injury, make sure to cover the bathtub spout.
- Lock every medication and anything with chemicals that are dangerous to your baby, in a cabinet, placed high up from the reach of a child.
- To prevent scalding, set the thermostat on your hot water heater to below 120°F.
- When not in use, make sure to unplug and keep away any appliances like hair dryer, hair straightener or shaving blades.
- Keep sharp objects high up, from the reach of the kids.
Baby safety in the Backyards
Be sure to keep your backyards safe for your kids. Trampolines have been reported to lead to a lot of injuries, so you may need to shield them from your kids, using a large gate. These safety tips can help:
- Use a large outdoor play pen to restrict the play area for the children. You can consider using a rail net for balconies, porches, and other areas with railings that kids can get caught between.
- Make sure to use a four sided fence if you have a pool, and make sure it’s with a gate that locks.
- Remove every bucket full of water or any standing water, as they could cause drowning.
- You need to be mindful of the plants in your backyard. Not only can kids choke on leaves, but certain varieties of plants and flowers — including azaleas, daffodils, mistletoe, hyacinths, irises, lilies of the valley, holly berries, snake plants, tulips, and jasmine — may be poisonous.
So, make sure to consider buying some of the best 20 baby safety products of 2020 for your little sweetheart, and ensure their safety. We also hope you would try out our safety tips in your homes.